Wednesday, February 7, 2024

I Got Nuthin'

The picture on the front of this post card clearly demonstrates that a train used to bring visitors to the Ontario Beach Park in Rochester, New York. I have spent many hours on the internet searching for information about which railroad is shown on the front of this post card. I have come up completely empty handed. I did find a modern map that includes a rail line that travels east toward the southern part of the park, then turns south to follow the Genessee River into the city. There is no label on the map to tell us which railroad that is today.What makes matters worse for me is that there is no indication as to who the printer or publisher of the post card is.
There seems to be a hint nestled in the letter "C" in Post Card. It is either a bee or a wasp. This could be the logo of a company. But, I don't know. I am frustrated, but not enough to not share the picture on this post card and the back of it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know anything about the history of the cards, the trains or the locations, please add them.