Wednesday, February 2, 2022

I've Got Nothing!

I am just plowing through Volume Four of my post card collection. This beautiful picture of a train along a river is in that volume.
It is the volume in which I have random post cards from the steam era in the United States. They don't fit into the categories of the other volumes, so I put them into here. This post card is the next one in line to be published in this blog. Here is the challenge. There is absolutely no information on the front or the back of this post card that tells me anything about the train on the front, the state in which the picture was taken, or the name of the railroad. The fact that it has a white border tells me that it was printed some time between 1915 and 1930.
In the bottom, left corner of the back the number "300" is printed. I assume that this was one of a series of post cards printed. Also on the back, is the post mark. It tells me that the post card was posted to the mail on October 17, 1919 at 11 AM from somewhere in Kentucky. It is also being sent to someplace in Kentucky. Just as there is no information about the train on the front, there is nothing about the printer or the publisher. I've got nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know anything about the history of the cards, the trains or the locations, please add them.