Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July


In honor of the 4th of July, I have laid out all of the post cards in my collection that celebrate the bicentennial that happened way back in 1976. There are 32 post cards that show how the various railway lines and private companies celebrated the bicentennial. None of these cards have been sent through the post office.

I see that the image overflows onto my side bars. But, I don't know how to correct that.

The oldest two are actually not celebrating the bicentennial. They are from 1948 and they are showing what is called the Freedom Train. The copyright is from 1948 by The American Heritage Foundation.

I would like to point out the train in the far right column, last row. It is the "Preamble Express". It preceded the actual 1976 Freedom Train on the tracks in order to check the security on the tracks. I would hate to be a passenger on that train if I knew what its purpose was.

Anyway.... Happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know anything about the history of the cards, the trains or the locations, please add them.