Saturday, August 9, 2014

I Know Nothing!!

“I know nothing…” is a quote from Sargent Schultz from Hogan’s Heroes, a television program from the 60s. It describes pretty well what I know about this post card. I know that the publisher is the Art Souvenir Syndicate. Their mailing address was Box 1528 in Denver, Colorado. By searching on the internet for anything about this company, I found that it existed in the early 20th century in Denver, Colorado. That is about it!!


I do not know who the printer was, but I do know that the printer had heart. Most of the post cards in my collection from this era (Undivided Back Era (1901 – 1907) did not leave much room for messages from the sender to the receiver. The only space for the message was on the front of the post card, where the image usually took up much of the room. This post card leaves plenty of room for a message.


This is the back of the post card. It tells us only that this post card came from the Undivided Back Era (1901 - 1907).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know anything about the history of the cards, the trains or the locations, please add them.