Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Relatives?

I was looking at the backs of the post cards recently and discovered an interesting puzzle. Many, many years ago, Kodak sold a camera with which a person could take a picture and open a part of the back of the camera and inscribe on the photo. When the picture was printed the inscription was included on the photo. It looked something like this postcard....

As I turned it over to see that it was actually a Kodak postcard, I saw the Kodak logo in the top right where the stamp should go. I also noticed that the photographer had taken the time to have a rubber stamp made and had stamped his name and address on the dividing line. It is very hard to read after being scanned so I won't include a picture here. but the information says it was taken by L. Fremming 1650 North Pacific Kelso, Wn. I typed the address into Google and found that there is an address that corresponds to this in Kelso, Washington.

Then I turned this post card over.

In the same position - the dividing line between the address and the message - sits the printed name of Bob Fremming. Bob is from Dallas, Wisconsin. It got me to wondering if these two train post card buffs are related. There are enough years between the publication years that the family might have move to Wisconsin where Bob was able to expand his family interest in trains to publishing his own postcars professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know anything about the history of the cards, the trains or the locations, please add them.